- Call 911 (or 9-911 from a campus phone), if the condition requires immediate medical attention.
- If poisoning is suspected, contact the Poison Control Center at (800) 222-1222.
Staff and Faculty Work Related Injuries
- It is important that all work related injuries be reported immediately. During regular business hours, contact Workers’ Compensation at (805) 893-4440 to report injuries and to obtain an authorization for initial medical treatment. If a work-related injury occurs outside of normal work hours, contact the Workers’
Compensation office at (805) 893-4440 within one business day.
- If an employee is hospitalized for 24 hours or more (other than for observation), or has an injury that results in a partial or full loss of limb (amputation), or loss of life, contact EH&S at (805) 893-3194 (24 hr phone line) immediately. The campus must report these injuries to OSHA within 8 hours of the event.
- Undergraduates and graduate students (not staff/faculty) can be seen at Student Health Services (SHS) at (805) 893-3371. If the victim needs immediate medical assistance call 911 (or 9-911 from a campus phone).
There is no charge for having the paramedics (9-911 from a campus phone) come out and evaluate the victim. If the victim needs to be transported to Student Health Services or a hospital emergency room there is a charge.