If a Building Evacuation is Necessary, the Following Steps Should Be Observed:
- Emergency procedures and State law require that everyone exit a building when the fire alarm is activated.
- Evacuation procedures should be followed according to your department’s plan.
- Do not use elevators for fire/earthquake evacuation because they may be damaged and unreliable.
- Proceed toward the nearest safe exit.
- After exiting your building go directly to your building Emergency Assembly Point. If that area is no longer safe, determine the safest place away from imminent danger. View http://ehs.ucsb.edu/eap for the most recent list of Emergency Assembly Points.
- Wait for instructions from emergency personnel. DO NOT return to your building until notified by emergency personnel.