- Call 911 (or 9-911 from a campus phone), if the condition requires immediate medical attention.
- If poisoning is suspected, contact the Poison Control Center at 1.800.222.1222.
Staff and Faculty Work Related Injuries
- It is important that all work related injuries be reported immediately. During regular business hours, contact Workers’ Compensation at 893.4440 to report injuries and to obtain an authorization for initial medical treatment. If a work-related injury occurs outside of normal work hours, contact the Workers’
Compensation office at 893.4440 within one business day.
- If an employee is hospitalized for 24 hours or more (other than for observation), or has an injury that results in a partial or full loss of limb (amputation), or loss of life, contact EH&S at 893.3194 (24 hr phone line) immediately. The campus must report these injuries to OSHA within 8 hours of the event.
- Undergraduates and graduate students (not staff/faculty) can be seen at Student Health Services (SHS) at 893.3371. If the victim needs immediate medical assistance call 911 (or 9-911 from a campus phone).
There is no charge for having the paramedics (9-911 from a campus phone) come out and evaluate the victim. If the victim needs to be transported to Student Health Services or a hospital emergency room there is a charge.